Benefits of sex on our physical health
- Strengthen immunity: Sexually active people have stronger immunities and only get a few sick days.
- Improves bladder control: Good sex where it results into an orgasm or orgasms works out the pelvic floor muscles thus making them stronger. An orgasm makes the muscles contract and relax rythmatically. Strong pelvic floor muscles are important for preventing incontinence.
- Improves sexual libido: Having sex improve someone’s libido. For women it encourages vaginal lubrication, blood flow and elasticity and for men it encourages firm erections, improved blood flow into the penis and testicles and production of testosterone hormone.
- Maintains blood pressure: Research studies suggest there is a link between regular sex and low blood pressure. Sexual activity stimulates good blood flow in the body associated with sexual tension.
- Cardiovascular health: Good sex is good for your heart. Good sex ensures there is optimal balance of estrogen and testosterone hormone. When either is low, there is an increased risk of a heart disease.
- Lessens or blocks pain: An orgasm can block pain. Besides, an orgasm assists your body to release hormones that raise pain threshold. Stimulation without orgasm is also known to chronic back and leg pain, reduce menstrual clamps, arthritic pain, and even headache. There is an entire but unpopular study of sex in relation to health called sexual reflexology.
- Reduce the risk of prostate cancer: Frequent sex amongst men reduces the risk of getting prostate cancer. Not just sexual intercourse, but nocturnal emissions and masturbation is known to complete the equation. But with cancer, other factors may contribute too.
- Improves sleep: Sex is good at improving sleep. When one achieves an orgasm, a hormone called prolactin is released, which is responsible for the feeling of relaxation and sleepiness.
- Stress management: Good sex is a great stress reliever. Touching, kissing, hugging, embracing and other intimate contacts can make your body to release the body’s natural “feel good hormone”. Sexual arousal assists the body to release the chemical that is responsible for the body’s pleasure and reward system.
- Exercise: Good sex counts as an exercise that assists the body to burn calories too. Like with regular exercise, consistency rewards the body too.
For greatest benefits of sex, it is good to feed the body for sex and to also practice safe sex.